[casi] Spot the deliberate mistake

Dear all

A rather unfortunate error crept into my comments on the last news mailing
(News titles, 6-13/7/02).  In the course of berating the journalists of the
Financial Times for their ignorant confusion of the IAEA and UNSCOM I said:
'As we know, of course, the IAEA is still present in Iraq; it was only the
spies who were expelled.'

Apologies to all those who have been working so hard to correct the
journalistic cliche (repeated in this article in the FT) that the UNSCOM
inspectors were 'expelled' in 1998.

Best wishes

Peter Brooke