Re: [casi] Fw: up for discussion, a suggestion?

'g' wrote:

>How about we organize a massive "sit-in" in Iraq, the next time a bombing
or attack is planned against Iraq?
>As I envision it, it would go something like this: All foreign citizens who
do not support these attacks, would >arrange, through various means, to go
to Iraq, and sit there, during the time when these attacks are scheduled >to
occur. (with the blessing and help of Saddam only, of course)

For obvious reasons, such an action - organised 'with the blessing and help
of Saddam only' - would be a PR disaster. For equally obvious reasons, the
fact that foreign nationals were 'treated well' during such a stage-managed
event would clearly do nothing to dispel what the mysterious 'g' refers to
as 'myths about the Iraqi government ... being a "ruthless" dictatorship' -
a matter upon which it would clearly have no bearing.

A very different sort of interposition-type action *is*, however, being
organised by in Voices in the Wilderness US. Those interested can find out
more about it on-line at www.iraqpeaceteam.org

Best wishes,

Gabriel