Re: [casi] Democracy, polls, food for thought

--- Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar <gaz@uruklink.net> wrote:
<snip>
> Does that mean that
> politicians are counting on people to switch their
> opinion and “follow the leader right or wrong” and
> support the war.
<snip>
As soon as the war starts, public opinion will shift
dramatically towards the war. I can't explain why it
happens but it's been observed since Robinson started
studying war (and perhaps before that). That's why we
need to stop them before they start the war - after
that it's too late.
The politicians can safely count on it happening
because it's happened in every other war in history.

Alun