Re: [casi] Off-topic Postings

----- Original Message -----
From: "CASI Lists Manager" <lists-manager@casi.org.uk>
To: <casi-discuss@lists.casi.org.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 10:57 AM
Subject: [casi] Off-topic Postings

> Dear CASI Discuss List,
>
> Over the last week a relatively high stream of postings has been going out
> on the list which are essentially off-topic. The purpose of the list is to
> discuss primarily the Iraqi humanitarian situation, and the broader
social,
> political, and economic situation in Iraq, and what we can do to improve
> these. Its purpose is not to discuss US and UK policies and developments,
> unless they have a Direct and Substantial bearing on the situation in
Iraq.
> Please restrict your postings accordingly, so that list quality and
> coherence may be preserved.

Quite frankly, this "high stream" is of perhaps at most 3 messages. Are we
supposed to all bury our heads in the sand regarding the fact that, given
the level of publicity, politics in the US and UK currently affect the
situation in Iraq?
There is no information about the situation in Iraq that is not now part of
US and UK politics.

CASI needs to evolve or die. I thought we choose to evolve. Was I so wrong?

I am willing to post information on the situation in Iraq, not matter how
intertwined it is with US and UK politics at the moment, and no matter what
you say on the subject. If that is so terrible, throw me off the list.

Alun Harford