Re: parliamentary debate

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Daniel Blaney wrote:

> Yesterday morning, George Galloway opened a debate in the House of
> Commons on the situation in Iraq.  He spoke for 50 minutes, and the debate
> is worth reading in full.

Absolutely. If you read one thing about Iraq this MONTH, make it this
debate. There are so many good quotations in there!

e.g. "Are the WHO, the United Nations officials, the distinguished
correspondents and the medical journals all lying when they spell
out the catastrophic price that is being paid by ordinary Iraqis as the
result of the policy that my right hon. Friend the Minister
supports?"

> It can be found at
>
> http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk

or more directly at:

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm199899/cmhansrd/cm981125/debtext/81125-07.htm#81125-07_head0

(just copy and paste that in to your Web browser.)

--
Robin

This is a discussion list run by Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT the
whole list. Archived at http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html