WWU passes anti-sanctions resolution!

Hey,

Tonight Western Washington University's Associated Students Board of
Directors passed a resolution calling for an end to the sanctions against
Iraq.

While the resolution passed does not have the "teeth" we originally wanted
it to have, (i.e. calling on the campus community to educate itself and
become more active in the grassroots campaign against the sanctions) there
is room for us to come back to the AS Board next year to sharpen the
resolution.

If I am not mistaken, WWU is now the 13th college in the country and the
first on the West Coast to pass such a resolution at the level of the
student government.

I suspect that our group, LIFE (Liberate Iraq From Economic sanctions) will
sit on this resolution until next school year since this was passed so late
in this school year.

However next year we would like to take this to our Faculty Senate, the
University President, and the Board of Trustees for endorsements.

Charlie Brown,
for LIFE
Western Washington University
Bellingham, WA
(360) 714-0857

This is a discussion list run by Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT the
whole list. Archived at http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html