Re: [ADC-ITF] Kuwait vs. Iraq

    Sorry for the belated response,

    My email address notebook on Netscape crashed last Tuesday and I lost all of my
email lists and email addresses. The matter has finally been resolver only today.

    People are free to comment or post want they want regarding articles they read on
lists, usually. So if Moonirah has anything to add on this subject I would be
interested to learn about it. The guidelines of a list are made by its owners, not me,
so they decide what they feel is pertinent to the list subsject or not. My own opinion
is that this post was taken from an anti-sanction on Iraq list to start with, that it
concerns issues related to Kuwait and Iraq and that this is enough to classify it as
pertinent. The context of the post was the Kuwaiti parliamentary vote of last week
against allowing voting rights to Kuwaiti women. It showed the hypocrisy of the
position of British and U.S. governements on the defense of human rights, Iraqi or
Kuwaiti for that matter. When a Secretary of State is on record as saying that she
doesn't give a damn about the death of 500 000 children under 5, she certainly won't
give a damn about the plight of 605 possible Kuwaiti hostages either, nor about
women's rights which have now been pushed back three decades in Iraq and seem to be
none existent in Kuwait, I did say «seem».

    So, for me, the post was related to the pro-sanctions movement and its
hypocritical politics and policies thus highlighted. As for the inquiry about the
author, unless everyone participating or posting to SOC-CASI has to present his own
pedigree each time he or she posts, I don't see it has a pertinent remark. As with
everything one reads on the internet, including my own posts, use your own critical
sense. The list in which Mr. Griswold's article was taken from is a U.S. labor union
based one. That's already more than I can say about the origin of some other posts I
see everyday on this and other email lists.

Marc Azar

"Moonirah - Voluntary Co-ordinator:H.E.L.P." a *crit :