No Subject

Message from Greater Manchester Coalition Against sanctions and Bombing of
Iraq

As an urgent priority we are attempting to make links with all groups and
individuals who wish to come to be part of a national network of campaigners
against war on Iraq- taking on the issues of bombing and sanctions as an act
of war.  On the 5th Feb, Market St, Manchester, we will be handing out
leaflets for the Feb 16th  Iraqi Speaker meeting, report back from the
recent Human Relief Foundation visit to Iraq, Friends Meeting House,
Manchester; on the 12th some will be encouraging people to send postcards as
part of the Voices action; on March 18th there will be a rally  in
Manchester; and on April 8th a teach-in on Iraq at the Friends', Manchester.
  Other events as yet not given a date are various actions around army
recruitment offices to disrupt their recruitment and publicise the war on
Iraq and either a national or regional conference to make contacts with all
anti-war groups around the country and discuss the possibility of founding
a national Campaign against War in the Gulf, to unite people who are opposed
to this war and who do not wish to see sanctions as a separate issue from
the imperialist attacks on Iraq.  We wish to work with people in as open,
friendly and democratic manner as possible.  We believe the attempt to
de-link sanctions from bombing or to support some sanctions is tremendously
dangerous to the movement and to the Iraqi people.  One final aim, crucial
we feel to this movement, is to make links with Iraqis, both in terms of
visits such as the Sheffield delegation, Human Relief Foundation or Voices
in the Wilderness sanction busting, and politically with groups such as the
Iraqi CP or other Iraqi organisations. Jason- for more information please
phone 01618817774

In addition, I am publishing a National Newsletter, as agreed at the
meeting.  The first eight articles to reach me by Wed 9-2 will be printed
(no more than a half page of A4 please) and please also send any
announcements of events, demos etc.