From A US Soldier

Friends
    Hello.  My name is Larry from America and I havent been talking much
online...rather listening.  Im not much of a talker but I just want to warn
you all, who certainly care so much, of not letting yourself get so worked up
over these things.

    I was an American soldier who served in Kuwait in 98.  I am fully
convinced that the cause I served was a righteous one..at the same time I
know the sanctions are having the reverse effect of what planned

    To put all this is perspective, we all need to see both sides of the
issue, I dare say debate is healthy and good because ultimately it produces a
good outcome.  Yes, there are children dying but we cant defer to emotion for
every single argument.  I used to be like that and ultimately it makes it
worse

    It has been my pleasure to see so many people of different cultures,
nationalities, and even spiritualities concerned.  When you grow up as I did,
you truly see both sides of the issue..Democrat Mom  Republican Grandpa
Served in the military/attend a liberal college etc etc

    Do stay involved..if you choose not to, there are no hard feelings.  But
I do pray for peace amongst all of the peoples of the world and
ourselves..remember what Bette Middler said  From A Distance You Are My
Friend Even Though We Are At War.  I hope we all can regain the perspective
we had and remember why it is that we chose to take on this issue in the
first place.  For peace.
Lord Bless

Larry Provost
US Army Veteran