Re: "Killing Iraq 1990-20_ _ "

Dear Nels, dear all

To answer specifically your point, I agree entirely.
The idea of an international police force is an
idealistic one and I don't pretend that at any stage
in history this has been done with any degree of
impartiality, nor do I believe that with the current
balance of power it is possible: closer to that ideal
is a situation where the world is occupied by >1
superpower, ensuring at least some need to accomodate
2 different positions of interest: far from objective,
just and independent policing, I agree, but alot
closer to it than the hegemony we currently live
under.
With regard to the current sanctions question, a more
truly global police force might now see fit to lift
the sanctions, whereas under the current state of
affairs the one superpower can block any moves to
counter its policy.  But I remain true to the concept
as an ideal.

Best wishes

Mark
--- nelsbacon <nelsbacon@earthlink.net> wrote: > Two
simple questions to try to put some prominent

=====