Re: [casi] March yesterday

Dear Yasser and all,

No one in the world has a worse human rights record than  the United States
itself. U.S. wars and CIA coups have left behind a  trail of unmatched death
and destruction from Korea to Angola, from  Indonesia to Nicaragua, from
Vietnam to Iran. Nor can it be forgotten  that U.S. capitalism was erected
upon a foundation of genocide  against Native peoples and enslavement of
millions of African people.  And in Iraq itself, the greatest cause of death
and suffering is the  U.S./UN sanctions blockade that remains in place 11
years after the  Gulf War. As former U.S. Atty. Gen. Ramsey Clark said on
the fifth  anniversary of the war in 1996, "There is no greater violation of
human rights anywhere in the world in the last decade of this  millennium
than the sanctions against Iraq."  And right now Palestine is being
strangled, blown to pieces and murdered by Zionism, with the aid of the USA.

The blockade of Iraq has taken the lives of more than 1.5 million  Iraqis,
half of them children under the age of five years. As is  universally
acknowledged, the sanctions blockade only remains in  place due to the
insistence of Washington.

If the given reasons for the ongoing U.S. aggression against Iraq are
false, what is really behind the policy? World-dominion and control over
Iraqi oil.

One expects a demonstration against this atrocities, but what do I read:
"some 1,200 people marched through central London demanding the overthrow
of....... Iraqi President Saddam Hussein."

Is this a new CIA-tactic to convince the British population that they should
join forces with the USA and invade Iraq?

Greetings to those who oppose to any new war or any foreign intervention in
Iraq. I didn't intend to react to this, but reading Ghazwan's reply, I felt
I had to support him, and with him the Iraqi people who resist American/UK
imperialism for more than 11 years now.

Dirk Adriaensens.

responsable International Peace Mission 12-27 april 2002.