Re: [casi] Bush and Blair joint press conf.

Friends,
Tetchy f here again. However, President Bush and Vice President Blair have
decided  1) that there should be a return to - forget the smart words, but
something like 'benevolent colonialism' (eh???) and that, starting with
Iraq's leader, they decide who is overthrown and who replaces them. QED?
2)
Where is the rule of international law, the silent and pathetic UN, where
will this dangerous duo go next?

3)Most importantly, any chance they will actually LET the people of these
countries, who live and breathe the complexities, decide, however long it
takes, for themselves - and we forget the minerals, oils, reginal control???

 Any chance WE may return to the fold of international law? I dream that all
I was taught at school of integrity of western values of law is not a lie. I
fear my dreams are as the dust of the children of the Iraqi embargo
(masqurading under the UN Convention on the Rights of the CHild) and I think
we are on a slither to illegality which only history will record with
sufficient disgust.

I feel a blast urging restraint coming on - we are already talking nuclear -
sorry.

Warmest, f.