Re: [casi] Today's Mirror

 Dear Judith
Yours is one of many emails I have received for putting down the Mirror!
It is a paper of more integrity than any other tabloid and in fact the vast majority of the
broadsheets.  That said, it is a tabloid and as such strikes a balance between serious news and
frivilous articles that are more for entertainment than information.  When dealing with a matter as
serious as war or sanctions I prefer to go for a serious publication that makes news it's exclusive
priority.  Although, even amongst the broadsheets I've yet to find one that satisfies me.  And as
the Mirror has a readership of over 3 million, it's imperative that it voices matters of social
justice.
So this is my very public and formal swallowing of humble pie: it's snobbish to distance myself
from the Mirror: Long Live the Mirror, especially its more noble elements!
Best Wishes
Mark
  Sallydean22@aol.com wrote: I am doing an analysis of the news coverage as part of my PhD, and I
find the Mirror is generally very fair and unbiased.  I don't see why one should apologise for
reading the Mirror. I even got the Letter of the Day published a few weeks ago, criticising the
push for a renewed war on Iraq!   They gave me £25 - so maybe I've been bought!
Judith.

Mark Sinjakli

email: scouseanthmark@yahoo.co.uk