[casi] Oil for Food program

Bellow is extracts from UN Iraqi Oil Program report as at 31 March 2002Dear CASI members

Bellow is extracts from UN Iraqi Oil Program report as at  31 March 2002.. I have selected the
sectors and the amount “arrived” for each sector. I have calculated the “per person per month”
figures by dividing the “arrived” by 22 millions and then dividing by 64 (number of months from Dec
1996- April 2002). I have added another column which is the percentage of each sector to the total
“arrived “ goods.

The table shows that each one of the 22 millions gets less than US$ 6.40 per month for food
(cheap!), US$ 1.25 for health!  (this includes medical equipments AND drugs). Education US$ 0.26,
Housing US$ 0.77. In short for ALL the  programs of Oil for food we get US$ 14.70  per person per
month. With official figures like these no wonder why things as bad as they are.

Food accounted for 43.48% of all arrived goods. Health 8.25% Education 1.77% Housing 5.25%

This is the TRUE picture of the Oil for food program Forget about the BILLIONS it is misleading It
is less than US$15 per month!

Best regards

Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar

Baghdad, Iraq