The national demonstration against a war on Iraq, which will take place in
London on Saturday 28th Sept, has been mentioned several times on this
list, but I thought I'd forward this message from the organisers which has
some more details. There is also information at www.stopwar.org.uk

best wishes,

Seb

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:10:59 +0100
From: Stop the War Coalition <office@stopwar.org.uk>
To: Stop the War Coalition <office@stopwar.org.uk>
Subject: 1 WEEK TO GO! - URGENT MESSAGE FROM STOP THE WAR OFFICE TO
    CIRCULATE TO ALL E-MAIL LISTS IF POSSIBLE - THANK YOU

office@stopwar.org.uk
020 7053 2155
020 7053 2156
07951 235 915
07930 307 815 (coaches)

TO ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO STOP THE WAR AGAINST IRAQ

MAKE THIS WEEK COUNT!

Please saturate your area with leaflets for next Saturday's demonstration. Call/email  the office
now if you need more leaflets or posters.

Leaflet high streets, train, bus and tube stations, workplaces, mosques and churches, schools and
colleges... Get posters up in shop windows and put one up in your own window now if you haven't
already.

Telephone or email everyone you know to make sure they have made plans to be on the demosntration
on Saturday.

If you are in London, please join the protest outside the Houses of Parliament on Tuesday 24 April,
the day of the Commons debate on Iraq. The Stop the War Coaltion will be there from 10 am.

Telephone and email the media to complain about the failure to cover opposition to the war againt
Iraq - and the disparity between the huge preview coverage given to the Countryside Alliance march
and the treatment of next Saturday's 'Don't Attack Iraq' march.

THE DEMONSTRATION ON 28TH SEPTEMBER IS A CRUCIAL CHANCE TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD IN SUCH NUMBERS
THAT THE WAR-MAKERS WILL HAVE TO LISTEN.

WE URGE EVERYONE TO REDOUBLE THEIR EFFORTS TO MAKE THE TURN-OUT SO HUGE AND DIVERSE THAT IT CANNOT
BE IGNORED.

THE OFFICE PHONES ARE BUZZING!         NATIONAL NEWSPAPER ADS THIS WEEK!         BOOK EXTRA COACHES
NOW!

Thank you for all your efforts to stop the war.

Stop the War Coalition national office

0207 053 2155
0207 056 2156
07951 235 915
07930 307 815 (coaches)
office@stopwar.org.uk

URGENT NOTICE FOR STWC SUPPORTERS

We repeat our call for volunteers to be stewards on the day, and for London based placard makers!

If you are able to volunteer - please e-mail the office on office@stopwar.org.uk with your name and
contact no.

here is some more info:

There will be a stewards meeting on Friday 27th September, at 6pm in SOAS (The Brunei theatre,
School of Oriental and African Studies @ the University of London), Thornhaugh Street Russell
Square, London WC1H 0XG. Please attend this meeting if you can - in preparation for the day ahead!

The 28th: We ask that stewards arrive at Embankment at 10am -and meet up with the chief stewards by
heading toward the front of the march. It is going to be extremely busy at the embankment end, with
many coaches dropping people off. Please arrive in good time for ten and make your way straight to
the front!

For people coming from outside of London on coaches - we ask that you please nominate 2 stewards
from your group/contingent for the demo. When you arrive at embankment, again, please make your way
to the front of the march to identify yourselves and take part in a briefing.

It is vital that we gather together an adequate number of people to steward this demonstration;
please e-mail us asap, thank you.

The STWC office