RE: [casi] Iraq Accepts New UN Resolution on Arms Inspections

>Dear all,

>From my understanding, when the Ba'ath Party first came to power,
it was oppressive in a more covert way, in order to
assuage the mass movements that was going on
the time. That lasted for a few short years. And so it remains
to be seen, whether the current reforms are cosmetic are not.
My point is, it is up to the anti-sanctions movement to
watch any changes closely, because it is in the US'
interests to downplay or distort them.
It appears that some people on this list
are not interested in tracking these shifts, whether cosmetic or not,
It is, ofcourse, easier to undermine someone's credibility
than to present a cogent counter-argument,
Philippa Winkler

===== Original Message From VnStroope@aol.com =====