[casi] Re: Human Shields.

Dear List-friends,

You may recall, a short while ago, that an appeal was sent out, particularly
directed to friends in Baghdad. The objective: to try contacting Judith
Empson, a 'human shield', from the West Midlands, UK, and inform us of the
outcome. Not for the first time, Ghazwan was quick to help out. He & a
friend managed, very successfully, to meet up with Judith, then to report
back to the CASI List - and we are more than grateful for this.

Since then, Mr. Simon Dickason, reporter from the newspaper, 'The Birmingham
Post', has been in touch. He is interested in making contact with any
individuals from the Birmingham/West Midlands area (UK). The only one I know
of is Judith, further contact with her would be a top
priority. If anyone knows anyone else, from the same area, all the better. -
Might Judith, and perhaps others, be allowed to use e-mail facilities, in
Baghdad?

If anyone out there, in the UK, in Baghdad etc. has any information,
contacts, ideas etc., please share it with us. Partly, we would, very much,
like to be of assistance, to Simon, in his endeavours. Also, not least, we
would cherish links with Iraqi friends, and also those dedicated people, who
are risking their lives for the people of Iraq.

Sincere greetings,

Bert Gedin,

Birmingham, UK.