[casi] TV coverage

In the UK the TV media don't mention the sanctions. There seems to be
real surprise that the Iraqi people are not welcoming them with open
arms. Much of Blair's attempts to persuade his party and the public
are based around his stated view that the Iraqis wanted to be
liberated by the US&UK.

"The hawks said from the get-go that you would have Iraqis on the
rooftops cheering the American as liberators. We haven't seen that,"
said Joseph Wilson, the last U.S. diplomat to leave Baghdad after the
1990 attack on Kuwait. "The big question for me is what do Iraqis
hate most: Saddam, or the idea of foreigners invading their country,
particularly foreigners blamed by many Iraqis for the economic
devastation of their country?"

Mark Parkinson
Bodmin
Cornwall