Re: [casi] a request

Dear Rania & List,

So sorry not to have responded sooner, to meet the deadline for the pro-war
journo.

You must have had a harrowing, draining time, almost as if against a brick
wall. Don't we all feel like that, at times? We ask ourselves what we are
doing, and is it really worth it. But to give up the ghost,
to be part of an unthinking silent majority would, surely, be to collude
with those powerful & undermining, destructive forces, which -
for well-considered reasons - we oppose, and not just during this war.

I note, Rania, that you are Director of the Southern Peace Research &
Education Center of North Carolina. It's encouraging to see that a
representative of, no doubt, a very worthy learning institute, isn't too
proud to share some honest, serious queries, on this List.

The views you offered were regarded as little more than hogwash. Dare I say
it, maybe you were casting pearls to swine, metaphorically speaking. Who
knows, though, maybe one day, even in years to come, this pompous columnist
might percieve some glimmerings of the truths that had evaded him throughout
his life. Maybe only when on his deathbed that he'll begin to comprehend the
futility of his previous existence. Am I being too harsh here?

Oh, by the way, Rania, did you ever read this fellow's article? Even if you
feel you'd have better things to do.- Wouldn't the world be dull if
everyone agreed with each other, all the time? However, life has a strange
habit of pelting us with challenges!

Greetings,

Bert Gedin,
Birmingham, UK.