[casi] Peter Arnett Dismissed from MSNBC Today

Dear list,

Peter Arnett was fired today after speaking out on Iraqi television yesterday. I heard about it
early this morning on MSNBC and couldn't believe they would parade his dismissal from the network
so blatantly. Proving that "freedom of speech" is about as alive as "fair & balanced" is. In
addition to showing open and strict bias, it stamped MSNBC as as pro-war.

He apologised on the Today show for saying that most Americans are against the war and that this
war is poorly constructed and planned. I don't think he should have been forced into an apology for
saying what he truly thought.

I haven't found any links yet online for this story. If anyone comes across any, please send me a
few.

Anai