[casi] UN POW camps in Iraq

The following is the text from the yahoo.com slideshow.
I think the URL changes with the slideshow but last I checked it was
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/iraq/033003iraqkurds&a=&tmpl=sl&e=12
6

The subject of the photo-op was the release of 740 Iraqi soldiers held as
POW's at a UN camp in northern Iraq. The caption of one photo read "Some of
the about 740 Iraqi POWs who were held in the United Nations Office of the
Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq's (UNOHCI) camp in Ashkawtawan, near Irbil,
northern Iraq." Another photo shows "Iraqi Kurdish militiaman, Peshmerga, of
the Kurdistan Democratic Party, stands guard outside a camp set up by the
United Nations (news - web sites) for 720 Iraqi POW's in Diana, near the
Turkey-Iraq (news - web sites) border in northern Iraq on Tuesday, April 15,
2003. (AP Photo/Str)"

This mean Iraq's oil money for the Oil for Food program (UNOHCI) has been
used to imprison Iraqi soldiers! Under the arms of the Kurdish Democratic
Party!

After recieving several rebukes for my "pessimistic" attitude regarding the
UNSC in Iraq in the past week, I have been once again assured that there are
no limits to which this group will not go to debase themselves and their
ideals.

Bob Allen
Campaign to End the Sanctions
www.campaigntoendthesanctions.org