[casi] Kathy Kelly writes... about sadness and looting (Fwd)

Here is a note from Kathy Kelly in Amman. She had
to leave Baghdad - discouraged, it seems. But she
plans to return.

"This is your country now", Sattar, a Badhadi
friend, had told her. And Kathy wants to find a
way to say "No, Sattar, Iraq is not my country."

Blasting open the door to looting:

Sattar has also left Iraq. While he was still there
he came across a US tank outside a grain storage site.
He heard a US officer give orders for the tank crew
to blast open the entrance and invite Iraqi onlookers
in: Tell them "Take what you need. Then you can burn it."

And I would like to find a way to say: 'No Einstein
was wrong. The "military mentality" is not going to
take over the world - not all of it. I just can't...

--Elga