Re: [casi] Doctors tell how children's deaths became propaganda

1.
> That interview has nothing to do with the issue of
> WMDs in any way, and doesn't address it at all. I
> wonder why Alaskary referred us to it...

2nd paragraph:

'I have always said that declaring war on the basis of the presence of
weapons of mass destruction was stupid'

2.
With regards to your questioning of the IPO website. May I applaud you for
monitoring and recording our activities with almost "informer-level"
thoroughness. The IPO constitution, as its first point aims to help
establish a genuinely democratic, proportional democracy. This has always
been our ultimate goal and continues to be so.

The addition of the removal of Saddam in our 'slogan' on the website was for
clarification that we believed the above could not even begin to be achieved
without Saddam Hussein's removal. The latest change was also for
clarification. We believe that a proportionally representative interim
authority is essential for Iraq's transition to a genuine, proportional
democracy.

3.
With regards to your sectarian analysis: our aim to establish a proportional
democracy - proportional to the make up of the population - this means we
believe that all the population should be represented in a proportional way,
starting with the interim authority. Our focus on the Shi'a of Iraq is based
on the fact that they have been generally excluded from government and are
not at all well represented and this needs to be amended if Iraq is to
progress.

4.
Our opposition to Adnan Pachachi is not based on his ethnicity or religion,
but rather our information and analysis that we believe the forces backing
him aim to hinder the establishment of a true democracy.

Yet, we have never set our support on any particular political party or
figure. Maybe that's why over the months you've never figured out who we
support, accusing us of supporting the Da'wa Party, then SCIRI, then INC,
and then INA. The truth is we believe that it is not our position to support
one party over the next, but for the Iraqi people to make this choice - what
we want is a genuine system that allows them to do that.

Within the IPO, I know for a fact that members disagree on who they would
vote for and many who are unsure at the moment since nothing attracts them
from the present choice. One man, one vote.

5.
> So Iraq should get help to get a government up and
> running (from the US and UK occupiers) and that is
> good, but various countries try to shape Iraq's future
> as they see fit (the UN and the rest of the world),
> and that is bad in Alaskary's mind.. Does Iranian
> intervention belong to the good or bad interventions??

Actually, my last comment in the interview ('It is now that Iraqi people
really need help to get a government up and running, but all we get is
various countries trying to re-shape Iraq's future as they see fit.') was
referring to all the above. There are some forces within the US that do not
want to see a genuine democracy, there are some forces in Iran, in Saudi
Arabia, in Jordan, in the UK, in the UN, etc. that do not want to see a
genuine democracy. And we oppose any force that attempts to hinder the path
towards a genuine democracy.

I hope this has clarified matters and apologise for any misunderstanding.

Best wishes
Yasser