Invitation to join Canadian anti-sanctions Caravan

Dear all,

I've received this from the wonderful Irene Macinnes of Canada. She
has asked me to circulate it. Please forward to all interested parties!

Best wishes

Mil

Milan Rai
Joint Coordinator, Voices in the Wilderness UK
milanrai@btinternet.com
29 Gensing Road, St Leonards on Sea East Sussex UK TN38 0HE
Phone/fax 0845 458 9571 local rate within UK
Phone/fax 44 1424 428 792 from outside UK
Pager 07623 746 462
Voices website http://viwuk.freeserve.co.uk

*****************

Dear friends,

The Canadian Network to End Sanctions on Iraq (CANESI), with the
support of VIW/US, is organizing an International caravan which will
cross Canada and part of the United States to bring awareness to
Canadian and US citizens of the terrible effects of the UN sanctions
on the Iraqi people.

We would like to invite our European friends to join us in this
exciting project as we think it will be very effective to have  people
from many other countries participating. It is a good way to build
International solidarity.

The caravan is starting on the west coast in Victoria on the 21 Sept.
2001 and commencing east across the country.  It will be hosted by
27 Canadian and 5 US cities.  A major part of this caravan will be the
Omran school bus, named after a shepherd boy killed last year in one
of the US bombings. The bus is decorated with slogans and a large
illustration of an Iraqi child.  There will be cars escorting this bus
across the country.

If you would like to participate in all, or any part of this caravan,
all you need to do is to get yourself to Canada with just a little bit
of money in your pocket, because lodging and most meals will be
provided by the hosting cities, and the fuel costs for the vehicles will
be provided by CANESI.

The caravan is timing its arrival in Ottawa to coincide with the
CANESI conference for activists on the 12/14th October.  Hans Von
Sponeck will be our special guest.  A rally on the steps of Parliament
to pressure our government not to follow US/UK policy,  will follow
on the next day, 15th Oct. The caravan will then proceed east,
terminating in Quebec City on 19th October.

If you are interested but would like more details, just e.mail me and I
will respond to your questions as clearly as I can.

The autumn is a beautiful time of the year in Canada by the way.

Irene. <iremac@home.com> 604 737-1299.