Re: US MISSILE MISSED IRAQ

> YES, I HAD SEEN THAT IN OTHER SOURCES.  I THINK THAT VARIOUS COLUMNISTS IN
> THE OBSERVER (20/12/98) EMPHASISED THE ACCURACY CONCERNS AS A RESULT.  I
> AM TOLD THAT THE DISTANCE BETWEEN BASRA AND KHORRAMSHAHR IS ABOUT 40KM.
>
> WHILE I HAVE SEEN NO COMMENTARY TO THIS EFFECT I WONDER WHETHER THERE WAS
> A DELIBERATE IRANIAN TARGET THAT THE US FELT IT COULD HIT UNDER COVER OF A
> "NAVIGATIONAL ERROR".

I think it would have been mentioned if anything important had been hit in
Iran. It's more likely that the missile was just inaccurate.

This is a discussion list run by Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT the
whole list. Archived at http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html