Re: [casi] Bomb in Najaf has kills 82, including leading Shia - FT

> i do not see bush, bremer et al in more favorable light than i did saddam hussein.

you may not see, but i can tell you that all the iraqis I met in my 10 weeks do see a massive
difference - along the order of 6 million executed iraqis.

when the electricity goes out, the kids in iraq sing out "saddam has taken away the electricity;
bush'll bring it back".

bremer did not listen to certain calls from the british to maintain minority rule in iraq, and set
up the governing council which almost every iraqi i spoke to is very happy about - each group can
identify with someone who they feel represents them.

while it may be a million miles away from perfect, it certainly is more favourable for iraqis than
life under saddam.