Remembering Amiriyah Shelter

I'm writing an article on the different "lessons" various interests have
drawn from the attack on Baghdad's Amiriyah Shelter.

Specifically, I'm looking at how the US military, the Iraqi government, and
the peace/anti-sanctions movements remember this event and what each group
finds significant in it.

What I'd like to hear from list members is their "take" on this tragedy: is
the bombing of Amiriyah Shelter significant to the post-war anti-sanctions
movement?  If so, why and how?  What has this event meant to people as they
motivate for an end to sanctions?

Any responses used will be cited as interviews and full credit will be given
to respondents.

I hope to present my findings at the American national conference of The
Historical Society in Atlanta in May 2002.

-Charlie Brown
Bellingham, WA