Re: [casi] Ask France to veto war

There isn't a chance in hell that France will veto. They will do what they
consider is in their best interest. Confronting the US is certainly not that.

The international community will have learnt from the case of Yemen in 1991
and Yemen only abstained. It cost them dear. It was an object lesson that
many countries won't have missed.

There is however a slight chance that if the Blix et al. report is positive
the French can push for more time for inspections but as for a veto, no way!

This does however raise an issue that I think we might be profitably
involved in: showing people how any second resolution - and I fear it's a
case of when not if - will not be worth the paper it's written on due to
the threats, blackmail and bribery involved in its procurement. I fear that
otherwise a lot of our support will drop away with the arrival of that
resolution as the media batten down the hatches and dissenting voices don't
get heard (similar to 90/91). Most MPs will certainly 'toe the line'.